Friday, September 27, 2013

Teigan's Birthday Cake (Oreo Sponge Cake)

My niece just celebrated her third birthday and of all the cakes that she would request, it would have to be a purple, worm, dirt cake.  Her more was taken aback a bit and wasn't sure what she she do.  So, of course I stepped up, because I love making cakes and of course my niece, and volunteered.  So this is what I had to work with, purple, dirt and worms.  Well, Teigan is a huge fan of oreos, thanks to her father, I thought why not make a oreo cake and then throw in some dirt pudding as well.  Enjoy!



So I used this recipe for my sponge cake: http://www.cakeboss.com/CakeBossSpongeCake.aspx and then added crushed oreos to it.

For the filling I took :
-2 pkg. instant chocolate pudding ( follow package instruction to make)
- 1 tub of cool whip.
   - Mix the two together. You're only going to be using a little bit so I made dirt cup with the rest.  If you're   going to do this make sure you have two packages or Oreos, one for the cake one for the dirt cups.

For the frosting I used my famous butter cream recipe and added purple food coloring.

1 c butter, soften
4 c powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3  Tbs creamer 


In an electric mixer, cream butter.  Add in powder sugar at a half cup at a time until well blended.  Beat in vanilla and creamer until well blended.










No comments:

Post a Comment