Friday, September 27, 2013

Apple Cider Donuts and Pumpkin Donuts

I love fall, best time of the year and in my opinion the best food.  At our house we started making our own donuts and I wanted to make some for the weekend.  I had apple cider and fresh cooked pumpkin laying around and decided to play around with a recipe that I often use.



Go to this web site for the main recipe:  http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/homemade-doughnuts/  Now before you add the flour to the mixture split it in half and place in separate bowls.  In one bowl add 1/2 c. cider and in the other add 1/2 c pumpkin.  One bowl at a time put cider mixture back into the electric mixer and add 3 1/2 c. flour and 1 tsp. cinnamon.  Repeat process to the pumpkin mixture.  Follow directions of the original recipe to complete the dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment