Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Wonders of Cream Cheese and Cool Whip

I have another Baby Shower today, so I decided to make some more filo cups and creamy fillings.  However, I came up with some new ones for ya.  Hope you Enjoy! Congratulations Nicole and Dylan!

For Filo cup directions see previous post.

Very Cherry Filling



1 pkg. Tastefully Simple Very Cherry Cheese Ball Mix
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. cool whip, thawed

cherries for garnish

With a hand held mixer beat together the above ingredients, not including cherries.  Pipe filling into filo cups and top of with a cherry.


Chocolate Oreo Filling



1 c. crushed Oreo
2 Tbs. chocolate syrup
2 Tbs cocoa powder
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz cool whip

Mint for garnish

With a hand held mixer, beat together the above ingredients, not including mint.  Pipe filling into filo cups and top with mint.  I also drizzled chocolate syrup on top.


I had left over filling so I decided to make some party favors out of it.  I spread a good amount of filling in between to gram crackers, to make a sandwich.  Then I put them into the freezer to let set, about a half hour.  Well that was setting I melted some semi sweet chocolate chips.  Then I dipping half of the sandwiches into the chocolate, laying them on a wax paper lined baking sheet and then froze them for another 30 minutes, until set.  I put them into cellophane bags and tied them of with a bow.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment