Monday, June 24, 2013

86 Degrees! I Think It's Time To Grill

Here in Michigan, it is 86 degrees and humid as all get out.  So, natural I had a very important decision to make, grill or not to grill? Its's too bleeding hot so guess what? I'm grilling. I had another hard decision to make, with lack of food in the house what was I going to make for dinner?  I did what I do best, start throwing things together that I have laying around and hope it turns out well. This is the result! Enjoy!



Beef Sausage and Grilled Potatoes and Asparagus

4 Tbs olive oil
1 small onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
5 medium potatoes
bushel of asparagus
14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
12 fresh sweet basil leaves, chopped

pkg. beef sausage

Chop onion, potatoes, and asparagus into small cubes.  In a large bowl mix together above ingredients, minus the sausage. Cut 6 squares of tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.  Add about a cup and half of the potato mixture to each square. Fold in the sides of tin foil until mixture is enclosed.  Place tin foil squares on the grill and cook for 30 minutes or until veggies are completely cooked.  About half way through cooking the potatoes, grill up the sausage for the remaining 15 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment