Sunday, June 16, 2013

Custard Filled Donuts w/ Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting

Father's Day is a dad that we cherish our fathers and husbands.  We tend to spoil them rotten and I guess sometimes they deserve it.  So, today that's what Annalise and I did for Daddy/Aaron.  We started our morning with Custard Filled Donuts and ending with Gyros and potatoes on the grill.  Both of which are fan favorites for my husband.  I am going to share with all of you the recipes for Custard Filled Donuts w/ Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting. The links are going to be listed below for the custard and the donuts.




Custard
http://www.grouprecipes.com/63982/homemade-vanilla-custard.html


Donuts
http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/homemade-doughnuts/

Now, instead of cutting a hole in the middle of each donuts I left them whole. Once the donuts are fried and cooled I used a piping bag w/ rounded tip.  I filled the piping bad w/ the custard and then poked a hole in the side of the donuts using the rounded tip, filling the donuts w/ custard until it was oosing out the side. Then I frosted the tops.

Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting

1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. powder sugar
1 c. chocolate chips, melted
2 Tbs. Bailey's Creme Brulee Creamer

In a stand up mixer, beat butter until creamed.  Add in powered sugar half cups at a time until. Continue beating until well mixed.  With mixer still running add in melted chocolate and then creamer.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment