Monday, July 1, 2013

Mac'n Cheese Pizza

I get inspired by every day life when it comes to cooking and baking.  The simplest object can create a grandeous cake and little girl playing with her play food can make you think outside of the box.   I feel like the world is open to so many wonders, it's had not to be inspired.  My daughter is one of my biggest inspirations though.  She is the reason I started my side "job" TinyTus; she is the reason I started this blog.  To see the world through her eyes, is awe inspiring in of it's self.  So this post is dedicated to her.  She came to me last week with a pretend mac' n cheese pizza and I just couldn't resist making the real thing just for her.  Enjoy.




Mac' n Cheese Pizza

your favorite pizza dough recipe
( I used my dad's recipe and I'm not sure he would want me to share it.)

1 pt. heavy whipping cream
8 oz smoked gouda, shredded
6 oz asiago cheese, shredded
8 oz mild cheddar, shredded
16 oz elbow noodles

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Prepared pizza dough and noodles according to the package or recipe.  In a sauce pan combine heavy whipping cream, 4 oz of gouda, 3 oz asiago, and 8 oz cheddar.  over medium heat melt the cheese into the cream until well combined.  Once the noodles are cooked add the cheese sauce and mix until well incorporated. Let set for 10 minutes.  Scoop Mac 'n Cheese over pizza dough.  Top of with remaining gouda and asiago.  Bake to the specification of your pizza dough recipe or until golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment