Monday, October 21, 2013

Cheddar Broccoli Soup

I'm going back to my roots on this one.  I loved soups growing up and my family always made homemade soups and grilled sandwiches during the cold weather season.  Let me tell you, it's 45 degrees here and dang it, I want my comfort food.  Yummy cheddar broccoli soup, paired with a tuna melt.  Enjoy!



Cheddar Broccoli Soup

2 Tbs olive oil
1 bunch on broccoli, cooked and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 c. heavy cream
2 1/2 c. cheddar cheese
3 c. vegetable or chicken broth
dash of pepper, sea salt and paprika for taste.

In a saute pan, saute olive oil broccoli, onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onions are translucent.  Meanwhile, in a large pot bring the heavy cream to a boil.  Reduce to a simmer and add cheddar cheese.  Stir until completely melted.  Add in broccoli mixture, broth, and seasonings.  Cover and continue to simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment