Friday, April 26, 2013

Bruschetta (Stacey Style)

Bruschetta happens to be one of my favorite snacks, so naturally when my husband tells me I'm on my own for dinner, I decide to treat myself.  There is nothing to fancy about this recipe, but I love it just the same and its all mine.  Dinner is going to be so good tonight!



 Bruschetta (Stacey Style) 

cooking spray
10 slices of Italian bread
3 Tbs butter
2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 c cilantro, chopped
2 c tomatoes, diced (about 2 large tomatoes)
1/3 c green onion, chopped
1/2 c mozzarella or shredded parmesan cheese



Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray baking sheet and place Italian bread on top.  Spray the bread on the top with cooking spray as well.  Toast the bread in the preheated oven for about 5 minutes.  Meanwhile, saute butter, garlic, and cilantro in a small sauce pan, until butter is completely melted, about 3 minutes.  Remove pan from heat and mix in tomatoes and green onion. On toasted bread, spoon mixture evenly on top. Sprinkle cheese over bruschetta and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment