Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Beef and Spicy Italian Sausage Chili

Had a busy weekend, got double whammied  with having both of my parents birthday.  So my dad wanted to grill out, easy enough. However, his favorite cake is German chocolate cake.  That is a tidies cake, of course I made it for him.  My mom wanted chili and a plain Jane chocolate cake.  Thanks mom!  Anyway, everyone in my crew seems to like the chili that I make so that is what I decided to share with all of you. Enjoy!




Beef and Spicy Italian Sausage Chili

3 Tbs olive oil
1 orange pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 Anaheim pepper
2 jalapeno pepper
1 large red onion
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 lbs ground beef
1 lb hot Italian sausage
3 Tbs chili powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp black pepper
2 c tomato sauce
1 c tomato paste
12 oz  Samuel Adams beer, of your chose
1 c beef stock
2 15.5 oz pinto beans w/ juice
2 15.5 oz kidney beans w/ juice
2 15.5 oz black beans, drained and rinsed



Dice all the peppers and onions. In a large skillet saute olive oil, garlic, all peppers, and onion for about 5 minutes.  In another pan brown together ground beef and Italian sausage until completely cooked.  Once your veggies and meat are complete, combine all above ingredients into a crock pot and stir until well mixed.  Set crock pot on low and cook for 4-5 hours.





Tasty thinks to add on top of the chili:
Sour cream
Green onion
Cheese
Bacon

This is the recipe I used for the corn bread: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grandmothers-buttermilk-cornbread/

This is the recipe I used for the German Chocolate Cake: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/06/14/german-chocolate-cake-recipe/






No comments:

Post a Comment